Date of Birth: 8 August 1941
Studied: Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art (1965)
ARBS (1968), FRBS (1975), ARSA (1980), Vice-President of Royal Society of British Sculptors (1988 – 1990), member of Council of the British School of Rome (1990 – 1996), HFRIAS (1992), Member of Board of Directors of WASPS (1997 – 2004), , Accorded Personal Civic Reception by the City of Dundee (1999), Honorary degree of Doctor of Arts ( DArts) (2003), RGI (2004), RSA (2005)
Travel and studied abroad after graduation before becoming a lecturer at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art until 2003. Invited tutor at School of Scottish Artists in Malta (1991 – 1993); Invited lecturer University of Texas, Arlington, Texas, USA (1996),
Royal Scottish Academy Major Travelling Scholarship (1965), Société des Artistes Francais Medaille d’Argent in sculpture (1970), Royal Scottish Academy Sir William Gillies Award (1989), Royal Society of British Sculptors Sir Otto Beit Medal (1989), University of Abertay Dundee Hon Doctor of Arts (2003)
Richard Demarco Gallery, Edinburgh; International Sculpture Exhibition. Madurodam’ Holland; Fulham Gallery, London; Blackheath Gallery, London; Touring Exhibition, Texas, USA; Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin, Eire; New Gallery, University of Dundee; Solomon Gallery, Dublin, Eire; Institut Francaise d’Ecosse, Edinurgh; University of Abertay, Dundee
Dundee Art Galleries and Museums; Perth Art Gallery and Museum; Dundee City Council Collection, City Chambers, Dundee; Dundee Education Authority; Royal Scottish Academy; Scottish Arts Council; University of Abertay, Dundee; University of Dundee, Duncan of Jordantone College of Art; Universtity of St Andrews; Holokrome Co Chicago, Illinois, USA; Royal Calcutta Golf Club, India; Rank Xerox International HQ Collection, Marlow, Bucks; P&O Steam Navigation Co Ltd, London; Ernst and Young, Glasgow; R C Diocese of Dunkeld, Diocesan Headquarters, Dundee; St Leonard’s School, St Andrews, Fyfe; Glenfiddich/Scotland on Sunday, ‘Spirit of Scotland’ Awards; Design Works, Glasgow; Court of the Lord Lyon, H M New Register House, Edinburgh.